I’m going to spend the rest of my night reading aloud so that the baby is used to my voice. I don’t talk nearly as much as I used to and I’m hoping it will provoke the baby to kick. I know I don’t want to rush things but I’m not a very patient person. ;)
Lucky for me, my husband bought a book of Plato’s works. I already have a copy back at my house and whie its a strange pick for him I’m glad he did. <3
Since Nick and I will be moving into the back room soon we’re splitting the decorating halvsies :P I get to design the bedroom side and he’s in charge of the bedroom side. For my side the big items are
double closet (his side/my side)
The closets have doors but instead of fixing them I want to keep the doors off and in their place I’m going to make use of the fishnet curtains I got from Ikea all those years ago. Since they’re separate spaces the left closet will be Nicks and the right closet (closest to the bed ;P) will be my side. It’s silly that I’m excited to see our clothes together. Married couple things lmao.
The bed is a queen size bed with an ikea frame and box spring mattress set. We need a new mattress since my cat decided to pee all over it and hopefully we’ll find the pillow top he bought when he got the frame! He already has a comforter for it but it’s incredibly thin, just barely covers the bed (we fight over blankets too easily), and is a green and brown type of color and pattern. I want a black and white type of theme for the room. I’ve already got a feather filled comforter that’s HUGE. I’m going to buy some black satin and cover one side of the blanket and then maybe put a few blocks of black on the white side. I also want to crochet a chevron patterned throw blanket :) Along with the bed pretty soon we’ll be setting up the crib. Well not really soon but in a few months :)
The dresser. I don’t even have one. Nick has a small black dresser which will serve the purpose of whatever extra space we need after we fill up the closets but I was thinking of a huge dresser where I can do my makeup in the morning and keep my jewelry. Hmmm Sabrina has one with a mirror attached and I think I remember Ma saying something about her not wanting it anymore. It’s white and worn. Oh yeahhhh. Chalkboard spray paint is calling my name right now. I hope that works out in my favor.
I’ve also got two black side tables for each side of the bed. Other things I’ll be bringing from my house for the living room side are my tv, record player, book shelf, and a gorgeous red tv stand. Miscellaneous things I need to remember to bring are my door hanger for robes and jackets, my area rug, all of my pillows, my fan, and my extra tv. Miscellaneous things I need to buy/make are a set of coasters for the room, jewelery hands and necklace hooks, a throw for the bed, the satin side of the blanket, and maybe some throw pillows for the futon on the living room side.
I think I’m going to spend the rest of the night sketching out what I want for the baby’s nursery. I was inspired by a picture I saw on Offbeat Mama. They used a little bit of The Royal Tenebaums for inspiration and I loved the idea!
I'm leaving this here because I don't want to blow up your facebook, but oh my stars I am so excited for you and your baby. I'm excited to see your journey through pregnancy and the baby. I love babies, and I think yours is going to be adorable and amazing. AHHHH, I'm so excited for you! <333
Thank you :D <333 I get more and more excited every day. The other day my parents got us a crib and then today Nick’s mom got us a bassinet. On wednesday we find out the sex of the baby and it’s all happening so fast! I’m scared and happy and million other feelings. Gahh!! I can not wait to just hold the baby. Thank you so much for being excited! You should definitely come by and see the baby. My due date is Easter weekend!!<3333
1. A picture of you and five facts about yourself.
I’m a twenty one year old leo.
I’m a film student.
I wanted a fake id in high school so I could play bingo with my mom and grandma.
I love creating things. (e.g. gardens, crafts, parties, businesses…)
2. A picture of the father and five facts.
Nicholas Ryan Butterbaugh is a United States Marine.
He would spend all of his time at a college if he could.
He collects comic books.
He has one tattoo and plans for more.
Hates the snow.
3. Do you know when you conceived? July 3rd. That’s my best guess.
4. How did you find out? I hadn’t my period in a month and a half so two days after my 21st birthday I took a test. I was sure it’d be negative since I have such a irregular period but sure enough. I did a double-take at the stick and everything. The next day I took two more and they were both positive as well.
5. What trimester are you in and how do you feel? I’m in my second trimester now and I feel painnnn. Just some minor cramping but it hurts when it’s happening. Usually only at night because the baby hates sleeping on the side and my body hates sleeping on my back. It’s something to talk to the doctor about.
6. Baby’s first picture.
:D That’s our baby.
7. Do you have a birthing plan? Oh boy. I used to want to have a water birth because it’s a smoother transition for the baby but with limited funds I’m going with a natural childbirth. It’s incredibly important to me not to have any medication for the pain. My opinion is that women’s bodies are built for this and I know that it’s something I can handle. I hope that when the the time nears I don’t chicken out but I’m pretty set in my ways :)
8. What is your biggest food craving, if you’re having any? When women are pregnant I hear it’s either sweet or sour. I’m definitely on the sweet side of things. Desserts and fruit. Food cravings was one of my tells when I thought I might be pregnant actually. I couldn’t go through a day without thinking of pie at least twenty times a day. Other than fruit I have the occasional vegetable craving but I think that’s more of my body telling me that I’m lacking it. Celery is on my mind a lot lately XD
9. What gender do you hope for? I feel guilty hoping for a certain gender because I love my kid no matter what but I am hoping for a girl. Even though I want a son my self confidence in raising a boy first drops straight through the floor. I don’t know what I have to offer a son but I know that’s just insecurities. Nick is hoping for a boy first but I know a girl would have him wrapped around her finger in the first moment.
10. A pic of the baby bump. Don’t have one yet. Picture that is. I kind of have a baby bump.
11. What are your plans for a baby shower? My mom is throwing me a baby shower. :D As soon as we know the gender she’s going to get started on a date for the shower. It won’t be until after the holidays since the baby isn’t due until April 6th but I’m ecstatic!
12. How did you tell your parents? How did you tell his? Wellllllll. My mom and dad had been in Minnesota for a couple months on summer vacation. I had to stay for school and my brother had to stay for both work and school. I chickened out the first weekend my parents were back in town but had my mom come to see me the next weekend. I told her first because I feel that she deserved to know first. We then went back to my parents the next day and I told my dad after a long and horrible discussion on what went on this summer. My mom was ecstatic and confused by my crying and dad was shocked as most dad’s usually are. Nicholas told his mother the day she lost her job. He’s quite the sweetheart. I believe it went just like this. *Enter Nick* Mom- I lost my job today. Nick- Velvet’s pregnant. *Exit Nick through the front door in a rapid pace.* :P
13. How are you preparing for the baby? Well our struggle right now is money. And insurance. I signed up for medicaid and Nick’s insurance but haven’t had a real doctor’s appt. yet. :/ Other than that Nick wants to deploy. It would help us out a lot money wise but he would be gone for 13 months after the baby is born. I don’t know how to handle that yet but I knew this would be an issue one day. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and am starting to look into childbirth and parenting classes. I’ve been prepared for a baby all of my life. Nick is a spot on parent so far. He’s caring and loving and provides for me and our kid. I couldn’t ask for more support from him. He’s perfection right now.
14. A picture you feel resembles your baby. I can’t find a picture of a lava monster. That’s what my baby feels like right now.
15. How are you feeling? Excited! I can’t wait for my doctor’s appointment, and setting up the crib, and decorating, and holding my baby for the first time. It’s a magical feeling.
16. Parenting tips you’ve learned. Hmmmm. Parenting I think is something you definitely learn by experience but some tips I plan on taking with me into the war room are things I think everyone should do on a daily basis like, laughing often, being adventurous, never limiting yourself, and always loving. I think an education is incredibly important as well. College is an option and I want my children to know that. There are plenty of ways of learning without paying a million dollars.
17. Who will help you the most when the baby arrives? That’s up in the air right now. Nick wants to deploy which means he’d be gone shortly after the baby arrives and for the first year. We were planning on moving to Gainesville in May but if he’s deploying there’s no way I’m okay with that. So if he doesn’t deploy we’ll be in Gainesville with a cute little family struggling and loving. If he does deploy then I’m going to live with his mom and my mom off and on. My parents are moving to minnesota in June so I’ll probably stay with my mom the first month, my mother in law for the next two months, go stay with my mom in Mn after they’ve settled for another month and then move back down and work. Work work work. :)
18. Do you plan on breastfeeding? Yes. For the first three to four, maybe five months. I think it’s a wonderful bonding experience and it helps with getting back into shape.
19. Who will be in the delivery room with you? Nicholas, who keeps joking that he’ll be in the waiting room playing xbox, will be there holding my hand and encouraging me the whole time, and my mother. She knows me and what I want and will make sure that no matter what that the baby is safe.
20. What are you looking forward to the most? The moment when Nick and I are holding our baby after the delivery. When the baby wraps his or her hand around my finger. The part when you hold your baby and their head fits perfectly in the space below our neck. The first time my baby laughs. The first time they speak. The first time they go to school. Everything. I can’t wait for everything this child does.